Reopening the Church of the Cross Under Government Restrictions
We will begin having (at least) two services per weekend but you must reserve your place in these services so we do not exceed the restrictions placed on Religious Organizations by the Governor of New York. Sign up for services (Saturday 6pm, Sunday 9am) at CoCti.org/events.
Our church is continuing it’s Zoom Coffee Hour at 10:30am on Sunday and its Wednesday Night Events by Zoom at 6:00pm.
For those who still desire a private communion service, you may sign up by family for Eucharist from the Reserve (also at CoCti.org/events).
All public services are subject to the following governmental or diocesan restrictions:
- All attendees (including readers) must wear masks. We are attempting to obtain masks for those who forget them.
- The Priest will wear a mask while distributing the Eucharist.
- Please wipe down pews with cleaner (which is provided) before and after the service.
- Please utilize hand sanitizer (provided) as entering the church and before receiving communion.
- Physical Distancing of six feet between people from different families is required. Pews are marked.
- The Peace is suspended except between family members.
- Eucharist will NOT be administered from the altar rail. Please line up (maintaining physical distancing between families) to receive directly from the Priest one person at a time.
- Only the Priest will serve beyond the altar rail. The Gospel will be read from within the altar rail.
- The first row of the Gospel side of the church may not be utilized (it is too close to the pulpit).